From Paget Road the quickest (easiest) way it to continue alongside Paget Road Park & Playground to Arcot St (Make sure you stop to take a look at The Arcot Street Triangle*). Head up (and then down) Arcot St until you reach Windsor Road. Arcot St has a dedicated Contraflow bike lane at the lowest section.
Quickest way from there (to avoid the town) is to cross over
Penarth Road/Pont-Y-Werin (Bridge):
After crossing the Pont-Y-Werin, you have the option of heading along Terra Nova Way (between Tesco and The Oyster Catcher) to reach the same zig-zag path above, or head up to Windsor Road (where the Penarth Road route merges).
Cycling Note: Windsor Rd is not Cycle friendly, and the pavements are not cycle paths.
Head along Windsor Road, through Cogan (passing the Allotments). Go under the Brains Railway Bridge. Here you have a choice of staying on the road or going through Dingle Park Cycling Permitted.
At the end of Dingle Park either:
- Cross the Railway Footbridge (Cyclists would need to carry their bike), go along the lane opposite the station and into Grove Terrace.
- Follow this all the way up and cross over at the Stanwell Rd roundabout, back into Grove Terrace (blocked road) and you'll have reached your destination. (Entering the East Corner)
- Head up two junctions on your left to Railway Terrace (or next Junction Hickman Rd and double back at first turning right).
- Head up the hill and turn right across The Victoria Railway Bridge
- Either turn left into Woodland Place or continue straight into Grove Place and then left into Grove Terrace. (Either route will take you to the Stanwell Rd roundabout).
- Continue as above.
Note: Grove Place is downhill in this direction, and made into a single, two-way lane by parked cars. Grove Terrace is uphill and likewise. Woodland Place is a flatter route, slightly wider.
Bike Amenities @ The Square
There are no bicycle parking facilities at The Square. Please try to avoid leaning/chaining your bicycle to one of our trees (especially the young ones).